A winter wedding can be the most magical of events. But the cold weather can also take its toll – biting winds and frosty temperatures can dry out your skin and hair.
Here are 5 easy beauty steps you can take to weather proof your winter wedding look.
- Exfoliate. To ensure that your skin is in the best condition it can be on your wedding day, exfoliate at least once a week during the lead up to the big day.
The Clarisonic Face brush is an amazing electric brush that removes dead skin. It reduces and prevents blemishes and fine lines, giving the skin a healthy glow and improving the way your make-up appears on your skin.
- Don’t forget your hands. The rest of your body needs some TLC too – hands and elbows can get very dry and flaky.
Wear rubber gloves when ypu're doing the washing up and keep your hands well moisturised. Try L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream. When applying hand cream take a moment to rub any excess into your elbows to keep them in good condition for that sleeveless wedding dress.
- Luscious Lips. Keeping lips looking good in winter can be hard work. If you are prone to cold sores take a Vitamin C and Zinc supplement to avoid the onset. You can also protect your lips from drying out with a good quality lip balm. Burts Bees lip balms are lovely and also come in various subtle shades and fragrances.
- Invest in a good shampoo. This harsh, cold winter weather can also take it’s toll on your hair and cause the scalp to feel itchy, tight and sore. The last thing you want is little white flakes on your shoulders. Try Kerastase shampoos. They are great for soothing your scalp to give you more comfortable, manageable wedding hair. Try Kérastase Sensidote Dermo-Calm Bain Rich or Kérastase Sensidote Dermo-Calm Bain Vital.
- If you decide to use a fake tan, always do a test run first to make certain you are happy with the results and that it won’t transfer on to your dress. Exfoliate and moisturise your body beforehand and avoid using it on the face as this can result in the foundation looking patchy and dull . If you want a sun tinted glow but prefer not to have a fake tan – I love Charlotte Tilbury’s Supermodel Body illuminating cream.